counseling and education overview


Counseling those in need of direction and support and building on individual strengths is at the heart of our services. We offer counseling services for individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents. A team of highly qualified professionals provides effective and quality services for a wide range of life concerns and challenges in a confidential, respectful and collaborative environment. Our therapists have Master’s degree in the field of Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy and are licensed in the state of North Carolina.

We are here to help with:
bullet Family or couple distress and conflict
bullet Building harmony in blended families
bullet The transition of separation and divorce for adults and children
bullet Personal adjustment and relationship issues for children, teens or adults
bullet Stress, depression, and anxiety
bullet Anger management
bullet Caregiver issues
bullet Grief and loss adjustment


Child Trauma Services
bullet Assault and abuse victim recovery
bullet Support and intervention with parents


Crime Victimization
bullet Counseling and support
bullet Assistance with Victim's Compensation


Workplace Services
bullet Counseling for employees and their families
bullet Workplace violence: critical incident debriefing and post-trauma counseling


Presentation, Consultation and Supervision Services
bullet Presentations on variety of topics to community groups
bullet Consultation and staff development to community organizations
bullet Clinical supervision


To make an appointment, please call Family Services at (336) 722-8173 and ask to speak with our Intake Specialist, or visit us at:

1200 S. Broad Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.


The fee for counseling is $120.00 per session. We offer our services on a sliding scale, ranging from $11.00 to $120.00, based on the household income and the size of the family. The sliding fee scale is only available to families who live or work in Forsyth or Davie Counties. We accept Medicaid and many private insurance groups.

I need help contribute

family services main line

domestic violence hotline

sexual assault hotline